Version 1.2.3 Release Notes
Release Date: August 7, 2017
System Requirements: .NET Framework 4.5
- Improved Performance - We have improved the speed with which the Dashboard is loaded, allowing faster access to the management of your website.
- Improved User Experience (UX) - Now when the user clicks on any of the menu options, the website immediately reacts to show that the request is being processed.
- Improved Products Load - Now the last product loaded will appear first in the list so you can access it immediately and execute the action you want how to configure the corresponding idioms and images, view, edit or delete it. You can also continue to sort columns up or down according to your preferences.
- General URL for each Template - We have added a general url for each menu option that automatically adapts to the browser language.
- New Themes Format - Now the themes are even more powerful being able to handle several headers and backgrounds, this allows you to keep the same theme changing the header and background with a single click.
- New Optionals Module - With this new module you decide which of those optional elements you want to appear on your website and which not.
- New SEO Module - With this new module we expand and centralize a set of informations that are fundamental for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), our goal is to boost your presence on the Internet and your website to get as many visits as possible. We have worked hard to integrate in a single module five areas essential for any website, they are: Security, Domain Verification, Antivirus Verification, Web Traffic and Social Media.
- Libraries Updates - We have made all necessary adjustments for Promises/A+ compliance. We are constantly updating the libraries we use with Vigeowebsite to take advantage of improvements in security, performance and new features to bring the latest available technologies to your fingertips. Below you will find a list of the libraries that were updated.
- Dependencies Updates - Among many other updates we now use the latest version of AutoMapper. Our dependencies have been updated to offer you the best and most modern features available. Below you will find a list of dependencies that have been updated.
- Documentation Updates - New features bring new documentation and in some cases changes in part of the previous documentation. We work very hard to keep our extensive knowledge base current and provide you with the help you require to take full advantage of all the benefits we offer you with each new Vigeowebsite release.
- Fix a problem that prevented displaying the favicon of the Dashboard in the browser tab.
- Fix a few parentesis that appeared in the Contact Page on the Dashboard.
- Fix a problem that prevented displaying the template corresponding to the selected option from the main menu when changing the default order of menu options.
- Fix a problem that allowed to disable the default language.
- Fix a problem that prevented zooming when clicked on the image of a category being edited.
- Improved performance of the initial Dashboard load.
- Improved User Experience (UX). We have added an activity bar that appears as soon as the user clicks on any of the main menu options and disappears as soon as the requested information is displayed.
- Improved Products Load. The load of the product and its related actions is done faster and more efficiently.
- Improvement in the direct url of each template for SEO. We have added a general url for each template that allows you to go directly to each main option of the website and in the language that was configured in the browser in the last visit or in the default language of the browser if the site handles it.
- Update how images are displayed by clicking on them in all index, details and edit pages in the Dashboard.
- New Themes Format - Now you can add one or more headers and one or more background to each theme. It only takes one click to move from one header to another or from one background to another.
- New Optionals Module - This module allows you to activate only the options you need or want and disable the options you do not require. You can activate or deactivate an option at any time.
- Enable/Disable: Register
- Enable/Disable: Login
- Enable/Disable: Home
- Enable/Disable: Market
- Enable/Disable: Affiliation (Affiliation Number)
- Enable/Disable: Transition Bar (Transition Bar Color)
- New SEO Module - This module concentrates the main characteristics that are a direct or indirect part of SEO and that affect the perception of visitors to your website. Set up your website's seal to indicate that your site is safe, verify your site with top search engines and antivirus, easily integrate Google Analytics and keywords to check your Web Traffic and tell social media how you want your website to be presented. All this can do with the new SEO module that we present in this release, it is very easy to use and in our knowledge base you will find everything you need to start managing your SEO.
- Security (COMODO SSL Certificate) - Put the security seal on your website and visually tell your visitors that they are browsing a secure website.
- Domain Verification (Google, Bing and Yandex) - Verify your domain with the major search engines in the market so that your website appears quickly in your results.
- Antivirus Verification (Norton Safe Web and Kaspersky URL Advisor) - Most of your visitors probably have installed on their navigation devices some of the antivirus applications of Norton or Kaspersky. When a user performs a search that may include your website and he has installed any of these antivirus, if your website has not been verified by these antivirus, your website will appear with a gray mark next to the title, indicating that your site has not yet been tested by the antivirus. When your website has been verified by the antivirus in question, the color of the mark is green, indicating that your website has been verified and is safe. Clearly although this is not a direct part of SEO, a gray mark may confuse your potential visitor and, perhaps, future client, and persuade you not to click on your website. For this reason, we have decided to include in this SEO module the verification with the Antivirus.
- Web Traffic (Google Analytics and Keywords) - Track all traffic to your website with Google Analytics just by entering your property ID (also known as the "tracking ID") and although the keywords are no longer as popular as before and many search engines do not make use of them, we do not know when they can be useful again, so we also we add the possibility of including some keywords in case you want to do so.
- Social Media (Facebook Open Graph and Twitter Cards) - The Open Graph protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph, this protocol is a suitable tool for both Facebook and for social media in general. The Open Graph protocol allows you to decide which elements will be displayed on Facebook each time your website is referenced. It also allows search engines to index your content better, so that users who perform detailed searches can find them more easily. With Twitter Cards, you can attach rich photos and others content to Tweets, helping to drive traffic to your website. Users who Tweet links to your website will have a “Card” added to the Tweet that’s visible to their followers. With the SEO module you can select among other things the title and description of your website as well as the associated image that you want social media to show when someone refers to your website.
- jQuery (v2.2.3) to jQuery (v3.1.1) We have made all necessary adjustments for Promises/A+ compliance.
- AutoMapper (v4.1.1) to AutoMapper (v6.1.1)
- Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform (v1.0.3) to Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform (v1.0.6)
- Microsoft.Net.Compilers (v2.0.1) to Microsoft.Net.Compilers (v2.3.1)
- Microsoft.Owin (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security.Cookies (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security.Cookies (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security.Facebook (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security.Facebook (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security.Google (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security.Google (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security.MicrosoftAccount (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security.MicrosoftAccount (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security.OAuth (v3.1.0)
- Microsoft.Owin.Security.Twitter (v3.0.1) to Microsoft.Owin.Security.Twitter (v3.1.0)
- Newtonsoft.Json (v9.0.1) to Newtonsoft.Json (v10.0.3)
- Improvements for Dashboard English translation
- Improvements for Dashboard Spanish translation
- Improvements for Dashboard German translation
- Improvements for Dashboard French translation
- Improvements for Dashboard Italian translation
- Improvements for Dashboard Portuguese translation
Feature available in version 1.2.3 and above
Feature available in version 1.2.3 and above