In simple words, Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transferred from your website to the computer of users who visit it.
Your Vigeowebsite Plan
includes Bandwidth On Demand Automatically, always guaranteeing a minimum bandwidth of 50 GB
Calculate your estimated bandwidth monthly is easy, you need only determine the following quantities:
- The estimated average page size of your website, in kilobytes (KB).
- The estimated monthly number of visitors to your website.
- The estimated average number of pageviews per visitor to your website.
- (page size) * (visitors) * (pageviews) = Bandwidth (in kilobytes)
What it means in practical terms 50 GB Bandwidth?
To carry out a practical exercise:
- let us suppose the estimated average number of pageviews per visitor to your website is 5.
- Additionally knowing that 1 Megabyte (MB) = 1.000 KB and 1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1.000.000 KB
- We also know that our minimum bandwidth is 50 GB = 50.000.000 KB
- Then the formula Bandwidth (KB) / (page size * pageviews) would allow us to estimate the average number of monthly visitors to our website.
- To page size of 500 KB (0.5 MB) we get 20.000 monthly visitors
- To page size of 1.000 KB (1.0 MB) we get 10.000 monthly visitors
- To page size of 1.500 KB (1.5 MB) we get 6.666 monthly visitors
- To page size of 2.000 KB (2.0 MB) we get 5.000 monthly visitors
- To page size of 2.500 KB (2.5 MB) we get 4.000 monthly visitors
- To page size of 3.000 KB (3.0 MB) we get 3.333 monthly visitors
The page size of your website will depend on its content, and to a large extent on the size of the images you use.