Here are some recommendations when building your own submenu icons.
About the names
- Use a descriptive submenu name but no more than 20 or 25 characters.
- Use short descriptive names for image code.
- Use names with no spaces for the submenu and icon image files.
- Replace the spaces by using the dash under "_".
About icon image files
- Try using .png files for your icon images.
- Try to keep your icon images as small as possible without losing quality.
About submenu icons size
- Add only icons that relate to each other.
- Try to create small, lightweight and easy to set up submenu icons.
- If you've designed a large submenu of icons with more than hundred icons, try splitting it into two or more submenus.